Any filleted white fish can be used in this recipe- but as I have frozen Plaice in the freezer – & it’s more economical I tend to use this
- Butter/olive oil for frying
- Bunch spring onions (chopped) ( luckily quite a few in garden)
- 4 filleted frozen Plaice- defrosted
- Flour for coating
- Salt & pepper- obviously! We all need a bit of seasoning
- ½ pint dry white wine (try not to use your favorite bottle as could be wasteful!!)
- ½ pint fish stock – not out of date which mine frequently is!
- Tomatoes – 4 or more skinned- I’m using loads more as we have them in a bucketful from greenhouse
- 4 tablespoons cream – if not on a diet
- Couple spoons freshly chopped parsley – if you can get husband to help chop & prepare even better
So now I have things in place
Coat fish in flour, salt & pepper.
Melt butter/oil in a large frying pan & fry onions remove
Add a bit more oil & fry fish gently on each side. Luckily husband arrives just at the right time to assist with cooking
Stir in all those beautiful deskinned tomatoes, fish stock, & sparingly pour in whatever wine you can afford to use in cooking & not put back in fringe for a tipple later.
Cook gently for 20 mins
Test with fork to make sure cooked.
Now you can add 4 tablespoons of cream if you want & stir in well
Sprinkle with fresh parsley & serve immediately
Or in my world. Leave in pan take out the portion for tonight & when cool decant into containers & freeze ready to eat another day
To maybe spice meal up add a bit of hot pepper sauce- I use it with nearly ever meal